Monday, 26 March 2012

Mothers Day Come Late.

I was tagged in this lovely Mothers Day meme by Cold Tea & Smelly Nappies and have only just managed to get around to it. You can't blame me, the weather has involuntarily dragged me outside! So here we go...

Describe motherhood in 3 words
Best Job EVER

Does your experience differ from your mother’s and how?
Well I'm guessing things were a lot different 22 years ago than what they are today so I would say yes to a certain degree. In a way though I suppose it's quite similar. My Mum had me at 20 and I had Princess at 21 so we were both quite young. However I was living with my partner and still am whereas my Mum wasn't. Also, her labour was only about 3 hours long and mine was 29 resulting in an emergency section so that experience was VERY different.

What is the hardest thing about being a mum?
Finding time to do everything. I think every Mum will agree with me when I say that sometimes there is just not enough hours in the day. Children take up every single ounce of your time so everything else is put on hold until you do find the time. This results in a very disorganised and messy house.. and Mummy.

What’s the best thing about being a mum?I'd say everything. Every smile, every laugh, every hug, every kiss... even every tantrum. As difficult as it can be at times, all of the negatives are massively outweighed by the positives. I can honestly say that I don't know what I was living for until I had Princess, my life has changed for the better.
LinkHow has it changed you?
I wouldn't say it has changed me much personally, I've always loved kids. I'm probably far more patient now. I watch my swearing (or at least I try, I have a filthy vocabulary!) and I'm more responsible.

What do you hope for your children?
I hope that she is happy in every aspect of her life. Maybe it's a lot to ask for, but as long as she will let me, I will try my hardest to make that possible.

What do you fear for them?
I fear that she will be unhappy with the choices she makes. I'm scared she'll get in with the wrong crowd and turn into the kind of person she'll regret when she's older. To be completely honest, I'm terrified most of the time.

What makes it all worthwhile?
The love. The overwhelming and sometimes unbearable love I feel for Princess makes every tantrum and sleepless night worth it.


Now I'm going to be a complete cop out and not tag anyone in this post. I'm over a week late in posting! Ciao for now!

No comments: