Monday, 12 November 2012

A long overdue day off

On Saturday I was invited round to my friends house for a 'Twilight marathon'. Basically, we would spend all day watching the Twilight films back to back.

She also invited round a few of her other friends too. Some from work and neighbours, I was the only person who didn't know anybody else there - minus the host obviously.

I have to admit, it was the nicest afternoon I'd had in a long while.

 

All four of the films make up for over 8 hours worth of viewing time. I think we watched the first 2 and a half films before the wine and chatter took over the afternoon.

It was so nice to finally be in a room filled with adults without any interruption. Usually I only have to look slightly busy and I'm met with waves of "Mummy.. Mummy.. Mummy.." Or shouts and demands. This was over 8 hours of adult conversation, food, wine, vampires and werewolves.. What wasn't to love?

By 6pm, myself and a few others were slightly tipsy. We had been there the longest and the wine had been opened around midday - what did we expect?

Overall, it was a laugh. I hadn't felt so involved and more myself in a long, long time. I am always a Mum first, but on Saturday I got to be myself.

It was also liberating being in a room of 95% strangers and actually still have a good time. Turns out I'm not a repulsive person who nobody wants to talk to, which is how I feel majority of the time.

If an opportunity like Saturday ever rears itself again, I will be snapping it up like a shot. I love Princess, more than life itself.. But it's nice to not have to worry about anyone but myself. 

Even if it was just for 10hours..

And now of course, I am beyond excited for the final installment on Friday! Who else is going to see it?




6 comments:

Jess @ CatchaSingleThought said...

Sounds like a fab afternoon. I will be going to watch it! Can't wait :)

Louise said...

I need to watch the last one. Baby man inconvieniently was booked in to appear on the opening day! X

Misty Bird said...

Me neither, although I'm quite sad it's coming to an end!

Misty Bird said...

haha, no way! You'll love the last one - it's my favourite!

Emily Foran said...

Looks like a great day - I have to find time to watch the last two, can't work out how I missed them!?

Misty Bird said...

You have to watch them! If you enjoyed the first two, you'll love the ones after x